[OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift

Subject: [OM] Re: 35mm f2.8 Shift
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:28:35 -0500
Bruce:
I bought one on Eb*y from a list member last year. Really good condition,
with proper case, cost $400. I had the correct lens hood already. I have
seen others go in mid- to high-300s. Still, I have no regrets - that was the
price range/availability at the time. I believe there are two currently on
the auction site.

Now since there's a thread about 35mm shifts, mine has a 106xxx serial,
IIRC. It is "MC" and seems to have the telltale green-magenta tinge to the
lens. So, I'm presuming that it was the early SC versions that have the
flare problems rather than the later MC versions. Is that correct?

Martin