[OM] Re: Manrfotto 410 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Manrfotto 410 question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 14:41:01 -0800
ScottGee1 wrote:

>OK, at bit later than promised, but here are some pix of my 410 head
>with the standard plate mount replaced by a RRS clamp:

And here, better late than never(?), a Cullmann QR adapter mounted
non-destructively on a 410 QR plate on a 410 head
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/410cullman.htm>. Fortuitously,
the adapter hangs over one side a bit, so it clamps down on a solid part
of the 410 plate, thus obviating the problem with slithery cork on this
older plate. Solid as a rock.

As Walt pointed out, the Cullmann plates are small and don't usually
interfere at all with use of the camera off the tirpod. They are
certainly less imposing/impressive than the AS style metal plates, but
work very well. I don't have MF or larger gear, but have used them with
monster lenses like the Tokina 150-500/5.6 without any problem. Although
the plates generally grab the camera reeally well, they also make QR
plates with anti rotation that work well for verticals.

Moose