[OM] Re: [Digital] FL-36 and FL-50 Availability

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] FL-36 and FL-50 Availability
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:18:28 -0600
On 3/5/06, Ali <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I ordered an FL-50 via Dell and its on backorder till at least the middle of
> March. I don't
> know what the deal is with these flashes...seems odd that they are on
> backorder. Olympus
> seems to be having production issues.
>
> Not sure if this is true, however they found some defects in the
> manufacturing of the ZD
> fisheye and have postponed these until further notice.
>
> I really would like to get that FL-50. Perhaps I should cancel the order and
> get the ZD 50-
> 200? 8-))

May I suggest just picking up a T32, if you don't already have one,
and then possibly add a Stofen Omnibounce.  The T32's auto modes work
great with my E-1 and C8080.  The flash is high enough to thwart
red-eye and low enough to allow very decent verticals.

I will have all of my lens "needs" satisfied before plowing money into
a dedicated flash for these cameras when the old ones work so well.
YMMV.

Joel W.