[OM] Re: Speaking of tripods and such..

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of tripods and such..
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:46:20 +1100
Oh that's nasty. I'm sure that you were awfully polite when you
explained to her that she should have used a 2lb hammer and a
Stillson wrench instead.
Reminds of the time when I worked as a customer relations minion for
a fan company and someone rang in to complain that her kitchen fan
had exploded. It was a type that was removable from the window for
cleaning and it transpire that she had taken it out, dunked it in a
sink full of hot, soapy water, put it back, plugged it in and
switched on. Must have been quite spectacular. I explained very
carefully, referred her to the excellent instructions, tried not to
giggle and we replaced it because that was more or less policy but
she was still utterly convinced that it was our fault in some way and
was seriously ungrateful.
Somehow that still annoys me a little.
AndrewF