[OM] Re: Manrfotto 410 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Manrfotto 410 question
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:23:19 +1100

> Jay Drew <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Can you use a different quick release system to replace the one that's
> on
> the 410?  I'm using the Acratech ball head and have the plates for that.
>  So
> can I mount the pull the QR portion off and put on the Acratech portion
> that
> mounts on a normal 1/4 - 3/16 stud?

I don't have my 410 in front of me but I'm 99% sure that the mount for the
quick release is not removable from the head but actually built as part of it.
Your best alternative would be to attach the QR mount for the acratech to a
manfrotto QR plate (1/4 and 3/16 screws supplied).

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com