[OM] Re: Speaking of tripods and such..

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of tripods and such..
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:15:23 +0000
I've never seen a 410.  I've got the 405, which is basically the same thing,
only bigger.  It works well for me since I have bigger equipment than some of
you.  :-)  I could lie and say I got it because of my bigger equipment, but the
truth is, I got it because I confused the numbers, since, logically, the 405
ought to be smaller than the 410, so when I ordered if from B&H a couple of
years ago, I ordered the wrong one.  I decided to keep it rather than go
through the bother of sending it back and confessing my stupidity, and now,
especially since I've accumulated a Mamiya RB67 outfit, I'm glad I was too lazy
and embarassed to return it.  Works great.  Add an Adomrama macro focusing rail
and you can screw around in any direction you choose.  Except up and down.
You'll need a tripod with a geared post for that.  Can't be beat for macro or
getting precise framing with a long lens on that spot where something is
expected (or hoped) to happen.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from