[OM] Re: Hajstorp, southwestern Sweden, last summer

Subject: [OM] Re: Hajstorp, southwestern Sweden, last summer
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:53:51 -0800
Jonas Otter wrote:

>http://jonas.otter.se/pictures/summer_2005/slides/img031.html
>
>Click on the picture for a full-size image
>
>OM-1, probably Zuiko 50/1.8, Efke KB100

Looks like a lovely place to spend some part of summer. Perhaps oddly,
it calls to mind M. Hulot's Holiday at the seashore. Makes me want to
wander down one of the paths along the banks, which one depending on the
temperture and which might lead to a nice spot for a beer. :-)

Although it gives a very soft, nostalgic look, the tonality seems odd to
me, no pure blacks or whites to speak of and very low contrast. It's
sort of like a veil over the picture. I have no idea whether this is
intentional nor whether it is a result of film, processing, scanning, etc.

In any case, I couldn't resist trying a couple of other "looks" at it
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Sum05.htm>.

Moose