[OM] Re: OM list intro & questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OM list intro & questions
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:11:29 -0500
Geilfuss Charles wrote:
> Russ,
>       Great self-introduction and welcome to the List. It is a fun place and
> you won't find a finer group of enablers.

Yes, I've noted that. If everybody would just stop talking about f2's,
it makes my bid clicker itchy.

>       In my experience the -1 and -2 are equally rugged. If you plan to shoot
> on the fly I would definitely go with the OM-2 since it will allow you
to shoot with AE.

We i.e. my wife won't be using the OM on the fly, it's too bulky to
carry while riding and she'd no doubt have it poking me in the back. She
even pokes me with the stylus.

  Regarding lenses, if space and weight are a concern you can't go wrong
with the 35-70 f 3.5-4.5 along with the 75-150 f4. Throw in a
24 f2.8 and you are covered for most situations. >

Still pondering the lens line-up. I'll hope to have it figured out by
the end of the coming riding season. Maybe I need to buy more some more
lenses ;-)

Thanks for the welcome and the advice,
Russ