[OM] Re: OM list intro & questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OM list intro & questions
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:58:03 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I was about to recommend an OM-1 or OM-2 on the basis of ruggedness but
> then I thought about the vibration and the tiny galvenometers in the
> meters.  Maybe a 2s being solid state might be a better choice in the
> face of unceasing vibration.

Good point. Time to get more familiar with the 2s, as I've been using
the 1n most of the time as the sound of the shutter sorta speaks to me.

   In any event I'd place the camera inside a
> pocket of soft, vibration absorbing foam.  And maybe also inside a cloth
> or plastic bag so that the body doesn't get burnished by constant
> rubbing against foam if the foam pocket isn't tight fitting.

My bikes run smooth as I do my own wrenching ;-) But I will protect the
camera.

> Lenses?  From my own stock I'd choose 24/2.8, 50/3.5, 35-70/4 and Kiron
> 70-150/4.  It there's space for another I'd add the 50/1.8 or 1/4 for
> something able to handle low light.  Lacking the Kiron 70-150/4 I'd take
> the 135/3.5 and, of course, I might have to add the 85/2.
>
> Heck, maybe I'd just add a trailer and take everything.

Well I guess I could toss my cold riding gear, spare clothes and bike
spares. But not ready for the trailer thing.

   What will you
> do for a tripod?

Maybe wing it using the bike for support, though I do have an old tiny slik.

Russ Butler