[OM] Re: Anything special to be aware of when buying these lenses?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anything special to be aware of when buying these lenses?
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:07:48 -0000 (GMT)

> 75-150 mm F4.0
>
> Check for lens separation on interior elements (carry a small pen light
> with
> you to shine through both directions).

Check for yellowing elements too... I have a silver nose one with a
distinct yellow tint

> 80mm  F4.0 Macro
>
> See above about rear cap.  The auto version is more popular and more
> pricey
> than the non-auto version.  If it doesn't have the deep rear cap it  is
> the
> non-auto and I wouldn't probably buy it unless it was very  inexpensive.
> Nothing wrong with the optics, but why have one lens that you  have to
> operate
> differently than all your other Zuikos?
I am not sure if there was a hood available for this lens, the elements
are quite recessed from the front so a hood shouldn't be nessisary...
Well I have to *manually* stop down my 35 and 24mm shift lenses...
:-)

Regards
James