[OM] Re: DZ 50-200 vs. Tamron 80-200

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ 50-200 vs. Tamron 80-200
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:46:11 -0600
On 2/21/06, W. Xato <xato0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, has anyone tested or compared the above two? A
> comparison of the MF lens Olympus should have made vs.
> the AF that they finally did make.
>
> Warren

Well, kind of.  If I have the DZ 50-200 with me, I will never put the
Tamron on the E-1.

It's not just that the AF is easier.  For me it's really more
complicated, since the shutter button controls both AF and AE locks.
But it does seem to be more precise.

Most of all, the color is just great with the DZ.  Colors don't pop
with the Tamron to the same extent.  Doubtless some digital issue.
The Tamron is among the best glass I have for film.

Joel W.