[OM] Re: eB*y seller bad experience

Subject: [OM] Re: eB*y seller bad experience
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:32:25 -0500
On 2/15/06, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sound advice, Richard. But one needs to be careful not to go overboard for
> the sake of principle,

I agree and I didn't mean to sound fanatical.  I still have the memory of
one bad transaction where a return was agreed to by both parties in a very
friendly and cordial manner and I also agreed to absorb the initial shipping
and return shipping charges.  When the seller got the returned item and
still had my payment he informed me I also had to then pay a 15% restocking
fee which was not brought to my attention before the return.  Ehhhh, I don't
think so and either did Cit*ank.  I was refunded my full purchase price as
well as all shipping charges.

and in this case, I decided that, since shipping both
> ways would cost me 50% of the item price, I was better off keeping it.  In
> other words, I could have been USD24 out of pocket, with nothing to show
> for
> it, or USD55 out of pocket, keeping the item.  Net, I have (1) a lens case
> which cost USD31 - a price I would have been happy to pay and (2) a claim
> for the difference from a dead-beat.

If you really are unhappy with the item and you feel it was not honestly
represented, you can ask your credit card bank (if you used a credit card)
to have your shipping costs as well as your return shipping costs refunded.
Consumers have more power than they realize.

Richard