[OM] Re: [OT] size of converted file using RawShooter

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] size of converted file using RawShooter
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:31:32 -0800
My understanding is the extra pixels are in use, doing things like
setting automatic white balance, providing information to the image
processor chip to clean up the image, making last minute adjustments
to the light reading, etc.

Each raw processor uses its own curve for mapping the raw data. They
are going to look different, but it would not have any effect on the
pixel count.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA