[OM] Re: [OT] size of converted file using RawShooter

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] size of converted file using RawShooter
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:37:17 -0800
Might it be pixel depth? I don't think any dslr cameras produce more
than 12 bits, some only 10. Most of the raw converters use a 16 bit
pixel depth. I don't know much about this stuff, but perhaps they do
something differently in the mapping of the existing bits to 16?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA