[OM] Re: Photoshop bennies OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop bennies OT
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:14:34 -0500
IMO, software publishers play to people's ignorance and fear by
providing bloated packages that offer everything AND the kitchen sink.

Excel now has over 300 custom functions but very few people use even a
fraction of them IF they know they exist.

PS is loaded with graphic tools that even full-time professionals
seldom if ever use.

Yet, each is the Big Dog in its market segment.

To me, it's similar to an average home owner deciding he wants to be
able to handle basic home repairs and going to the local hardware
store and buying one of everything "just in case" because he's worried
that he might not have a tool for some task.

The initial brief for Lightroom is encouraging and may inspire others.
 Perhpas we'll end up with software tools specific to what
photographers really want to do.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1