[OM] Re: Scanner Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner Advice
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:29:26 -0600
Martyn,

I've got the previous version. I understand the 4990 is a BIG improvement
over previous flatbed scanners, so take this with the appropriate amount of
salt.

Mine is just acceptable if used with the Doug Fisher film holders and ANR
glass for 6x6. For 35 and Xpan stuff, it just doesn't cut it. With the
factory holders, it's worse.

There is the price, and for those of us with issues with the Nikon scanners,
there's little other choice. I got a Minolta 5400 almost a year ago, and the
difference is dramatic.

I think you should jump off the bridge soon, as I think there won't be many
options left very soon.

Bill Pearce