[OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:56:42 +1100
Hmmm that's grumpy! Agree and disagree. It's like your school
education - most of it you'll never use but no-one can say which bit
of it you will need. I shoot TIFF sometimes and usually can't be
bothered with RAW - too slow, too greedy and too little benefit most
times. I never use small sizes - I should for ebay pix but I always
forget and as I'm going to do a bit of tweaking anyway, resizing is
no big thing. But the next guy will have a totally different set of
requirements and routines.
Long zooms have value though - they can be OK at the long end if the
shooter knows to be careful - the monkey shot I posted would not have
been possible any other way and getting those shots made her holiday.
So there.
AndrewF