[OM] Re: OM to telescope

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to telescope
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:21:56 -0500
Oly gear not required or even desired.  Check the first 3 items on this
page:  You will also need a camera specific T adapter to use one.
<http://www.astronomics.com/main/35mm_Camera_adapters.asp/catalog_name/Astronomics/category_name/M1WFP9B3KR668KHKXB8PCCDBC1/Page/1>

This one is the most expensive of the three but the most versatile and
easiest to use to vary the magnification when using eyepiece projection.
<http://www.astronomics.com/main/Meade_125_variable_camera_adapter_needs_Tring07361.asp/catalog_name/Astronomics/category_name/M1WFP9B3KR668KHKXB8PCCDBC1/product_id/1321>

Unfortunately, eyepiece projection is probably the only way to use this
scope as a lens without a lot of surgery on the tube.  A very long focal
length eyepiece, however, could serve as a transfer lens without adding
too much magnification.  Using the calculator available on the page
above shows that a 40mm eyepiece will only extend the effective focal
length from 805mm f/7.3 (did I remember that correctly?) to 1006mm f/9.1
at the minimum magnficaction and to 1711mm f/15.5 at maximum.

There are lots of eyepieces and other accessories at this site.

Chuck Norcutt