[OM] Re: Vintage E-1 matters - now firmware versions

Subject: [OM] Re: Vintage E-1 matters - now firmware versions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:22:34 EST

In a message dated 2/6/2006 8:19:32 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rlovison@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Turn the  E-1 on, open the  storage media door and press down the Playback
>  Mode button and OK button at  the same time.  You will then get the  info
> displayed on the LCD  monitor.
>
> This way of  determining the version of your firmware worked great and was
>  easy.  Version 1.4 on the body and 1.0 on the 50mm f2 Macro  lens.   Pretty
> cool.
> If I read the manual, will it  tell me this?  Thanks for  the info.

Bill,

I don't  believe that info was in the manual.  I came across it  somewhere
online.

Richard

Again, thanks. I've now printed a hard copy and put it in my e-1 file for
the next time I need to get the firmware version.  It was soooooooo  easy.  Not
the kind of thing they might put in the manual.   <[8^)  Bill Barber