[OM] Repair of 1.4X-A Teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Repair of 1.4X-A Teleconverter
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:05:38 EST
This might be a less than subtle plug, but I just got back a repair from
John Hermanson. Beautiful work, as usual. Here were his comments:

"Your repair is complete....  What cleaning revealed is that  there was more
fungus than was visible to the naked eye. If you're  ever tempted to take one
of these apart, it's got about 150 ball bearings in  it!"

The ball bearings answered a question I had about a rattling sound. It's
much quieter now, and not a spot of that nasty fungus. And no, I will not be
taking apart anything with 150 ball bearings.

Another piece of Olympus glass saved from the scrap heap!

Thanks John!

Dave in Denver