[OM] Re: [OT] AOL blocking

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] AOL blocking
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:27:30 -0500
On Friday 03 February 2006 5:34 am, you wrote:
> I got this from another list I'm on. If anyone is AOL, it may be a problem
> receiving the list

> /* Attention AOL users: If this news article is accurate, it
> may mean the end of free mailing lists like GCFL to AOL
> users! Please let AOL know how you feel about this new
> policy. http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3581301 */

This might be a problem if it was you local cable or DSL providerbecause most
places only have one of each at the most. The easiest way to deal with AOL
and it's assorted "helpful" programs is to buy from some other ISP. I
personally object to AOL on two points. I don't want to have as many layers
between me and the internet as AOL puts there. I want to use whatever OS,
brower and email client that I chose. (I use several). Secondly these CD you
get are akin to viruses. Have you ever tried to get rid of AOL once it is
installed on a computer.