[OM] Re: e-330, is this what we have been waiting for from

Subject: [OM] Re: e-330, is this what we have been waiting for from
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:36:27 -0800 (PST)
  And you are absolutely correct, the subject has to be very still?still?:)
there are instances where the AS saves the shot.
  Here is an example:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alienspecimen/detail?.dir=2b0d&.dnm=2005re2.jpg&.src=ph
  I wanted to preserve some water movement, but not too much, not too little.
?But why didn?t you use a tripod?-ya would aks me.  (well, some of the details
you cannot see, this is not a place where I display my photography, just a
folder with some pix for my Bulgarian friends, that?s why names are in
Bulgarian also?)
  I was on the edge of a rock and there was a constant wind of 35mph/56Kmh with
occasional gusts of 60mph/96Kmh, so any tripod had to be nailed to the rock to
work.  In addition to that, this picture was taken while holding the camera way
above my head.  My tripod is cheap and does not release fast, so it would have
been useless exercise to screw it on  the top of it, because at temps of
13F/-10.5C, the batteries were crapping on me and I had to go to the car and
warm them up on the vents?
  You see that there is a lot of potential for mistakes when you are on a rock
in the middle of the roaring sea, keeping your arms above your head while
barely keeping balance and trying to take a good picture at the same time..:)
  There was price to pay for this though?I got more noise than I normally would
if I had used a tripod, but that was not possible.
  During longer exposures, the AS introduces more noise than you would
ordinarily see.
  There is no reason to get flamed by Minolta fans, your friend has established
the truth, the lens in front is near its optical limit for that size of sensor,
but it is very good.  This has been reported widely in most reviews on the Net.
  Boris