[OM] Re: DZ 50-200 tripod mount

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ 50-200 tripod mount
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:07:24 -0600
On 1/29/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel wrote:
> > it is otherwise a good head.  I think I'm a going to try the
> > 3047 head and the larger hex plates.
>
> Boy, and I was feeling old-tech for still using the hex plates,
> myself. Guess I'll stick with this system for a bit longer.  If
> you need to try out some hex-plate tripod heads, just give me a
> holler, Joel.
>
> Of course, you'll want to make sure you've got mounting plates
> and tripod heads that match.  Makes for a frustrating hike,
> otherwise.  :)
>
> AG

Yeah, I can't believe I'm actually considering such an old design, but
it's TTT, and delivers the goods.  In addition to you, my brother has
also used the 3047 for years..  At least the hex plates no longer have
that cork padding, although who knows, maybe that's better.

And when we hike together and I forget my QR plates, it will make it
easier for me to leech off of you. :)

Joel W.