[OM] Re: 2nd Odyssey camera on its way

Subject: [OM] Re: 2nd Odyssey camera on its way
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:35:25 +0000
Also in the Atlanta area is the strangely-named Post Oak Tritt Road, which is
about a mile from where I live.  At least, though, I know how it got the name.
Once upon a time, long, long ago, there were two roads: Post Oak Road and Tritt
Road.  (And, yes, fyi to the country music fans, Tritt Road was named for
Travis' family.)  Anyway, sometime in the '60s, the two roads were extended and
joined.  The folks on the Post Oak end put up a fuss about keeping the name,
and the county commissioners didn't want to offend the Tritt family, who
wielded a bit of political influence, so that's how we got Post Oak Tritt Road,
which makes no sense to anybody, except me and some other oldtimers.  When
newcomers ask, "What the hell's a Tritt," I tell them whatever lie pops into my
head at the time.  I should be ashamed.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --