[OM] Re: Re: Vivitar 285HV power output

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Vivitar 285HV power output
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:35:03 -0500
My tests were conducted indoors within a modest size room with white
walls and ceiling and with the diffuser extended on my Sekonic L-358
flash meter.  The diffuser extension should allow catching some
reflections.  The tests were also repeated with the flash facing in the
opposite direction into another room with no significant differences.  I
also waited at least 15 seconds between each shot (sometimes much
longer) and used fresh alkaline batteries.  The tests were repeated many
times and results not accepted unless within 0.1 stop of each other.
The flashes were fired numerous times since they were being tested in
all manual and automatic ranges.

I'm confident of the numbers.

Chuck Norcutt