[OM] Re: Negatives question

Subject: [OM] Re: Negatives question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:44:25 -0500
Buy one of these
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Synchro-Hot-Shoe_W0QQitemZ7581971898QQcategoryZ30038QQcmdZViewItem<
and one of these
<http://cgi.ebay.com/15-ft-PC-male-to-PC-female-Straight-Sync-Cord-NEW_W0QQitemZ7579051657QQcategoryZ30087QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Attach the flash to a tripod head which will allow swiveling the flash
around.  Figure out how to add some diffusion or reflection.

If you want to get fancier attach the hot shoe adapter to an umbrella
adapter such as this which will also allow swiveling the flash around:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Umbrella-Swivel-Adapter_W0QQitemZ7582989480QQcategoryZ30091QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
CAUTION:  The one shown above appears to be missing the threaded brass
stud required to attach the hot shoe adapter.  See:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5156&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

and mount the umbrella adapter on a light stand
<http://cgi.ebay.com/10-TALL-PRO-AIR-CUSHIONED-LIGHT-STANDS-NEW_W0QQitemZ7580043192QQcategoryZ30080QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem>
and optionally add a small PhotoFlex umbrella
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=42501&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
(I picked PhotoFlex becuase they're much better made than ebay stuff)

You'll produce a one-flash version of this which won't require the
aluminum bracket.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Umbrella%20adapter%20mounted%20on%20tripod%20%232.jpg>

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt