[OM] Re: E-1 - questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 - questions
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:41:58 +0100
Martyn Smoothy wrote:
-----
Couple of basic questions from an E-1 novice:

I've noticed there are a lot of cheap 3rd party batteries advertised on
0-boy, anyone used them? Do they do the job OK or is it worth paying the
extra for the Oly version? Definitely need a spare battery of some sort.

Flash - in the manual there is a dire warning that some non-dedicated flash
guns may damage the electronics of the E-1. I was thinking of trying some of
the OM flashes (F280, T10, T20, T28 & T32) - anyone tried this? Any
problems? I did think that the instant feedback from the E-1 would be a good
way to experiment with flash more than I usually do.

Thanks - Martyn Smoothy
-----
I have a cheaper battery (eFILM, got it as an extra when I bought the E-1).
Never had any problems with it, but looks like it has less mAh than the
original one. But then the performance of the cheaper one is still about the
same while the Oly one looks to be less and less powerfull.

I have used the T-32 without any problems whatsoever on normal auto. I think
I like it better than my FL-50, but I think I am having some kind of problem
with my E-1/FL550 combo. I will sort that out in the first week of february
when an old friens of me comes over with his combo and I can compare,
exchange and experiment. At this moment it looks to me that +/- corrections
on the flash do not have any effect and the promised 1/160 on auto is not
maintained. With the T-32 th e immediate feedback is a great help.

Hust my 2 cents.

Kind regards,

Wiliam