[OM] Re: Zapped by spam guard

Subject: [OM] Re: Zapped by spam guard
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:13:08 -0800
Brian,

It's apparently because some user or technical person at ATT has been
into the "fun" smoke, apparently, and added you to their internal
blacklist. The only widely accessible blacklist, according to the report
at WWW.DNSSTUFF.COM, that 202.37.101.8 appears on is one that isn't
supposed to be used. So there's no reason your ISP's server should be
listed.

Someone at ATT screwed up, or some user mis-reported an email. If it's
the latter, it oughta clear in a day or two (assuming ATT's list is
dynamic), if the former, good luck. Getting many of the bigger ISPs to
even answer an email that isn't from one of their clients (much less
correct mistakes) is often pretty futile.

Your ISP should be informed, as it's their MX being blocked and the link
ATT supplies says they need to contact ATT to resolve the issue. Your
ISP's mail listing:

snap.net.nz. MX IN 3600 mx.snap.net.nz
mx.snap.net.nz. A IN 3600 202.37.101.8

Of course, the converse isn't true... I have scads of ATT's IPs blocked
because their network originates tons of crap due to compromised client
systems (not their mail server itself).

---
Scott Gomez