[OM] Re: Konica Minolta withdraw from camera business: Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Konica Minolta withdraw from camera business: Digital
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:18:58 -0800 (PST)
> I've shot with both and the Canons metering doesn't matched up
> to the honeycomb metering of the Minolta for difficult
lighting
> situations. The Canon is fine in 95% of situations, but the
> Minolta metering goes beyond that. That was all film based
> though.

They kept a variation of the honeycomb metering for the A-series
digicams as well as the D7D. My A1 absolutely nails exposures in
the most horrendous lighting conditions. Not unlike Nikon with
the F5, it is doing colortemp and brightness analysis and seems
to know what type of lighting you're in.  However, in the case
of my A1, throw a polorizer on the lens and all bets are off.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com