[OM] Re: Days like this

Subject: [OM] Re: Days like this
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:08:12 -0800 (PST)
> I'd be curious on how prints look shot at ISO >800.

I don't use >800 very often.  When I do, I post-process them in
a similar manner to the images from my Minolta A1.  During
conversion I filter out as much "color noise" as possible
(leaving luminance noise alone) and then after upscaling the
image I may add some HSV noise to mimick film grain. It does a
nice job of rebalancing the image and the PRINTED results look
just like film.  This added HSV noise also tends to increase the
apparant sharpness of the image.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com