[OM] Days like this

Subject: [OM] Days like this
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:10:20 -0800
>Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:00:10 -0800 (PST)
>From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Days like this
>
>Yesterday, I got a nice fed-ex package from the processor which
>included the reprints from a senior portrait session. Everything
>was shot with the E-1, 14-54 combination.  During post
>processing I did the usual dezitting, etc.  On one photograph,
>which was intended for the parents' wall, I did a photoshop
>layer with a gaussian blur which was blended in with the normal
>layer. The colors were just perfect and required no correction.
>
>The end result was outstanding.  We're talking portfolio stuff,
>here.  Now get this--In the package was a handwritten note
>complementing me on the photograph.  This is from a lab that
>processes millions of portraits a year!
>
>Nothing wrong with the E-1.  It's the guidence system behind the
>viewfinder that makes all the difference.
>
>I suffer from "get the latestitis" like everybody else, but for
>some types of work, I can't imagine it being any better.  I
>never produced images this good from medium-format.  Never.
>When you pixel-peep you see all sorts of garbage, but when
>printed by a quality lab, all the garbage disappears in the
>final print--no matter how large it is.
><SNIP>
>AG

AG, I've been impressed with the image quality of the E-1, and have
some beautiful large prints on 13X19 paper in the Carnero district
of the Napa Valley of winter mustard taken last year in February. I
printed these on my 2200 Epson using Velvet Fine Art and they came
out great. The E-1 seems to be quite neutral and seems to hold
highlight detail in skies quite well. I will likely enter some of
these images in the Napa Mustard Festival Photo contest this year (I
blew the entry date by one week last year).

I'd be curious on how prints look shot at ISO >800.

Regards,
Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!