[OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others

Subject: [OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:43:04 -0800 (PST)
> Your story reminds me of a relative who spent an amazing
> amount of time and money trying out all different sorts of
> gear in an amazing bender on eBay.  He has ended that process
> with a stint as a pro wedding photographer for a wedding
> photography company, shooting Canon D60, and bored out of his
> mind.  Is that a good enough reason to avoid Canon? ;^)

Six years ago I was doing some wedding photography for another
company. Many of you might recall some of my spewings about the
Canon I was forced to shoot.  After a few weddings of suffering
through the horrid images (no dimensionality to them at all) and
wrist pain, I started shooting the "good stuff" with my OM-2S.
Boy did I hear it.  The rep got right after me because the
pictures were "too good for what we charge".  The lab
immediately recognized that "something wasn't the same". I said
"screw it" a month later and went back to just doing my own.
Besides, I found that charging a little more acted as a great
filter to the trailer park crowd. I was getting tired of trying
to photograph weddings where the B&G were drunk, high or both.

http://mail.yahoo.com