[OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others

Subject: [OM] Re: I've got an E-1 among others
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:25:11 -0600
On 1/20/06, Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear List!
>
> I'm having a photo crisis... You can help me. All of this lengthy letter is
> relevant, but you can skip 90 % of it and head down a few pages to the end.
>
> <ZA story from Johan>
really humongous snip
> So help, what have you chosen for a modern age OM-replacement for lets say
> the next 5 years, because I can't see the E-series be that.
>
> / Johan

Hi Johan,
Your story reminds me of a relative who spent an amazing amount of
time and money trying out all different sorts of gear in an amazing
bender on eBay.  He has ended that process with a stint as a pro
wedding photographer for a wedding photography company, shooting Canon
D60, and bored out of his mind.  Is that a good enough reason to avoid
Canon? ;^)

As for the E-series, I suspect they will pull off some interesting
things and end up a solid third, which is maybe the right place for
them to be -- at least in order to be the kind of manufacturer many of
us are looking for.  I just hope they survive and keep producing
cameras that seem to disappear between me and what I'm trying to
shoot.

Joel W.