[OM] Re: Polarizer issue

Subject: [OM] Re: Polarizer issue
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:29:42 -0700
Hi Mike:

I suspect the vignetting is not the polarizer by itself,  but the hood
mounted on it then incurs on the corners. One solution is to buy a wider
hood or cut back the one you have. Buying a used hood from an old
established photoshop (lots of selection) is far cheaper than buying a large
polarizer and step-up ring, and far easier to use. IE: I found a metal
Konica  square hood (probably made for a medium format 50mm lens) that fits
my 21/2.0 Zuiko perfectly and just had to cut it back a bit. Also worth
mentioning is that in situations where I want to use a polarizer a hood
usually isn't needed and that costs nothing.  All the best, if you don't
have a source or if you have difficulty finding a used hood let me know and
I will try to find one for you from the pile at
http://www.vintagevisuals.com/   (shameless plug).

Gord