[OM] Re: Polarizer issue

Subject: [OM] Re: Polarizer issue
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:51:05 -0500
I dunno but would guess that the contrast detection system in the
autofocus mechanism probably places it into the circular camp.  It would
appear that the semi-silvered mirror of the later OM's have given way to
more conventional pentaprism metering ala OM-1 so a circular polarizer
wouldn't be required on that count.  Too bad I think since I also assume
metering needs to be protected from stray light in the eyepiece ala OM-1
as well.  I've always wanted an OM-2n and analogue meter but with the
meter sensor from the OM-2s.

Chuck Norcutt