[OM] ASA and film development

Subject: [OM] ASA and film development
From: Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 02:50:44 -0600
Hello,

I've just bought a bulk film loader and started rolling film to
cartridges manually, I wanna know if ASA has something to do with the
film development, since most cartridges i'm using are differ from the
film inside, at least their ASA isn't match. Do the lab guys need to
know this information before processing or all they need to know is
the kind of solution to process film.

Another problem that had just occurred to me is when I roll film into
cartridge, I need something to glue between the axis of the cartridge
and the film inorder to rewind film inside, which turned out to be a
scotch tape. Unfortunately, after I sent one of these handmade-films
to my favorable lab, Risk Camera, -- I believe they're quite
professional, but they said the film screw their machine up, because
the scotch tape inside the cartridge prevented the machine from
pulling the film all the way out, and it created many scratches. I'm
thinking about another way to roll film to cartridge without using
scotch tape, any trick ? Or I need to switch to the shop that can
process this kind of film manually ?

Huge neighborhood..
http://rrboard.orisma.com/tmp/M.jpg

Despite of the scratches and the poor quality of image, It is amazing
funny that so many post boxes are standing together like this.

-kem