[OM] Polarizer issue

Subject: [OM] Polarizer issue
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:38:54 -0500
Getting gear polished for upcoming (still 4mos away)trip (?Azores) and looking
at filter options.  Read 2 of John Shaw's books ( Very much enjoyed them.
Thank you, thank you all  for mentioning these) in which he discusses that the
new N*kon polarizers are very thin with the glass actually larger than the
thread size reducing the risk of vignetting with short fl lenses.  I was
thinking of trying this with my much liked  Zuiko 24m/2.8 with hood.  I never
have tried any polarizer on it because of this and worry about differential
polarization effects in the sky.  Unfortunately these polarizers only come in
52, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77mm.  Wonder if anyone has tried another brand on this or
a similar fl lens.
Mike