[OM] Re: Flash occassionally fail to trigger when OM-1 in portrait orien

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash occassionally fail to trigger when OM-1 in portrait orientation.
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:13:11 -0600
On 1/17/06, Jim <jim_teo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I came across a couple of OM-1 having this problem where occassionally the
> flash (mounted on hot shoe)
> fail to trigger when the camera is in portrait orientation. This include
> using flash like T-20 and T-32, hot shoe
> has no cracks and the contacts is clean too..
>
> Any idea how can this problem be fixed?
>

> TIA
> cheers
> Jim Teo

I have this problem with a top heavy flash like the Sunpak 433D, whose
contacts on the foot are too tiny in my opinion, but usually not with
a detachable shoe, which are a little tighter than the shoes on the
OM-2S/3/4.  The T-20 and T-32 should be solid however on any camera.
So I would suggest removing the shoe and making sure the contact
inside the hole where the shoe screws in is clean and free of debris.
Do you have another camera on which to check the shoe/flash
combination?

Joel W.