[OM] OT: B&W photo Site and musing

Subject: [OM] OT: B&W photo Site and musing
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:22:12 -0800 (PST)
http://www.pbase.com/annapagnacco/a_world_in_black_and_white

  This photographer really makes me want to get back to some B&W.
  An OM with Delta 100 on a tripod can still be printed to enourmous size
compared with digital. This site really makes you rethink.

  I was thinking the other day with demise of silver film, it is going to be
rare to have quality silver prints. In a hundred years if you print B&W Ag
yourself now, your heirs will likely be able to make a fortune from your
artwork, just from a collectible scarcity point of view, apart from the
artistic value!

  This is a bit like Ansel Adams who really mass produced his work in a big way
from contact prints, but even over the last 25 years his sets of prints have
gone from ~$100/set to many, many thousands.

  Tim Hughes