[OM] Re: Went for a walk this afternoon...

Subject: [OM] Re: Went for a walk this afternoon...
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:04:31 -0600
On 1/15/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the E-1 and a bag full of equipment. Temperature was in the
> above freezing and the sunlight was golden. It's been a while,
> with work schedule, the holidays, the weather and various
> ailments.  Last day of being young.
>
> I filled a 500MB flash card and got a few keepers. Gotta keep
> the presses rolling, you know. But the greatest satisfaction
> wasn't during the image review on the computer, but the process
> of getting the pictures.  I do this because I enjoy doing it.
> Making money with it is just the frosting on the cake.
>
> Felt good to be back in the saddle again, going through a desert
> with no name, saying "Hiyo Silver, Awaaay" in the manger.
>
> AG

I shot a bit from the deck of Rachel feeding a gaggle of hungry ducks.
 Then we climbed in the van and drove into the woods north of town to
the Raptor Center to see the various owls and eagles that have been
wounded irreparably through the years and are now living out their
days on live display.  I probably could have found a nicer way of
saying that, because it is a beautiful, serene place that presents the
challenge of photographing large birds through wire fences and deep
shade.

You're right, it was a lovely day with golden sun and deep azure skies
and the barest whisper of wind through the last of the lingering
leaves.  I haven't even looked at the CF card yet.

Rachel used the unfiltered "Dad time" to pester me to get a dog.

Joel W.