[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:14:51 +0100
I bought my OM-3Ti for 1200 pounds including an 8mm fisheye, OM-1n and
24mm f2.8 and a winder 2 some years ago. It is in perfect condition,
except for a tiny little scratch at the prism housing. The finish is
gorgeous, and this has been my main OM body since, in combination with
the 21f2, 50f2 and 100 F2, and sometimes the 180f2.8.

I think, if you are looking for a collectors LNIB one, about 1200$ will
be the minimum, the maximum what the fool tends to give...

For a good used one, I wouldn't spend more then 950$, but that's for
me. During the years I have become more patient, and see that nice
things can be had for not too much. (my 21f2 had a scratched front
element (smack in the middle), which cost me including replacement 250
euro. BTW, this one gives far better results without scratches than
with, especially on the E-1).

YMMV,

Iwert.

Oh, and the second Olaf Iwert on the list has/had  a special nose for
well priced boxed 3Ti's, never payed over 850 euro if I recall
correctly)