[OM] Re: Sunpack mini "digital flash kit" strobes

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunpack mini "digital flash kit" strobes
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:55:30 +1100
52ft is pretty weak - that's just under 16metres. Most tiny on-board
flashes are in the 10-12m (30-40ft) range already. The Canon 220EX
for instance is about the same size and has a GN of 22metres. I'd
rather use a good, old manual flash and one of those tiny slaves made
by Nissin, etc. I've found a few of those little slave triggers in
junk boxes for a dollar or two.
I'm using an old Sunpak Auto 124 - 24mGN, bounces and swivels to
almost any angle, two auto ranges or manual, cost bugger all. In the
hot shoe or with a Hama shoe to PC adaptor plus cord.
One of the joys of digital - trial and error with flash until the
histogram looks right!
AndrewF