[OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: KEH's longevity, was: adorama grading
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 15:34:49 -0500
Must be regional.  The few remaining stores in the SE Michigan that
deal in used gear have become very selective about what they'll accept
in trade.  The stock response to anything that used to be pricey seems
to be "Try ebay".  If the potential trader winces, the store may offer
pennies on the dollar and, like car dealers, make it up on the new
stuff the trader is buying.

I've long been convinced that the best trade gear gets scarfed up by
the employees and never even makes it to the used cases.  This bit of
cynicism is based on conversations I've had with a few salespeople
over the years that bragged about deals they've gotten on trade-in
stuff at which customers never had a chance.  One of the perks they
get for putting up with clowns like me.

ScottGee1