[OM] Re: adorama grading

Subject: [OM] Re: adorama grading
From: "Walters, Martin" <Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:42:36 -0500
I bought one used lens from Adorama - a Tamron 180/2.5. It was described as
ex+ and the price was quite a bit below KEH's prices at that time. There
have been some cheaper ones on the auction site last year, but that's
normal.  I was lucky that I got to look at the lens in person before buying.
In this case, Adorama's rating was, I think, fair. I did read a
recommendation suggesting that it was best to assess the items in person,
rather than relying on Adorama's rating.

I have bought one lens from KEH (late model 21/3.5). It was rated Excellent.
The price was acceptable. The only flaw, which wasn't mentioned in e-mails,
was significant brassing on the mount. In fact really this was the only sign
of use, and otherwise, this was (is) fine.

Martin Walters