[OM] Re: Please take a photo on New Year's Day

Subject: [OM] Re: Please take a photo on New Year's Day
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:04:51 EST

_jjohnso4@alltel.net_ (mailto:jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx)  writes:

>I  found myself at Denver International Airport (DIA) on 1/1/2006  bringing
>mom to her flight back to Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Nice  pictures Dave, especially the ones taken in the airport
terminal.   Has the terminal been remodeled in the last ten years or
so?  I don't  remember it being that pretty the last time I was  there.

Later,
Johnny

==================================

Hi Johnny,

Thanks to those that have commented on  the DIA photos. They're okay for a
[partially] color blind  engineer. And Photo-shopping on an old laptop doesn't
help.

As others have pointed out, the old Stapleton airport was removed a few
years back. DIA is located out on the plains to the northeast of Denver.  It
started service in 1995. But it seems like only a few months  ago....

The city has made many creature comfort improvements to the airport over  the
years. The water fountain in the middle of the main terminal is only  a few
years old. They've added some potted trees that survive nicely. It's  really an
enjoyable experience. The security lines didn't get any longer than  about 15
minutes on New Years Day.

I put quite a few miles on the Explorer that weekend. My boy started ski
patrol this year at Loveland, and since I love to ski, I'll be spending a lot
of
time driving [with cameras] to the mountains this winter.

Thanks again to Jeff to organizing this event. There sure are  a lot of
beautiful photos by artists that live in beautiful parts of  the world.
Denmark,
Switzerland, Australia, UK, New Zealand, Belgium, Sweden,  Seattle WA, Canada,
beautiful water falls in Cleveland (Georgia...glad you  clarified that), Andy's
photos (my favorite is the bouquet still,  color blind ya' know) at Isle of
Man with an M-1... and I guess there's a  bit of snow in Idaho this year!

Dave in Denver