[OM] Re: Jan 1st photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Jan 1st photos
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:23:46 +1100

On 02/01/2006, at 6:18 PM, Marc Lawrence wrote:

>> Mike wrote:
>> I had thought the weather wouldn't be much good for taking
>> photos today but this morning the wind started to blow and
>> the sun came out...
>>

> Ours was a hot one - 43C at its peak where I was, and it didn't
> get below 38C until 11pm when a southerly dropped the temperature
> by about 10C. (Sorry, you'll have to convert to Fahrenheit yourself
> if you care to. It was bloody hot anyway, and I was one of those
> idiots Andrew mentioned that took advantage of the oven-bake to
> collect melanomas on the beach).

109.5deg.F - that's what we got in Melbourne too. A bit higher (46C)
up in the Wimmera. Best I experienced was 47C (116.5F) near Nhill
about 3-4 years ago - quite a nice dry heat for chasing goannas in
the bush. So dry you could hardly sweat - the air just sucks it
straight off you and you can hear the trees gasping for air.
AndrewF