[OM] New Year Photo and the FL-36

Subject: [OM] New Year Photo and the FL-36
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 07:59:58 +0000
Dear All

I failed to do much searching during the day to get my photograph(s)
for the New Year's Day project, so I got to the afternoon without
having seen much light.  I decided to take a photo of the chickens,
if they would play; here's an example of our White Star, Lillibet:

http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/lillibet.htm

... but decided instead on the photo that I took later, indoors with
my E-1 and FL-36.  That continues the animal them, quite gratuitously
of course, but I have a question.  How do you all switch on your
FL-36 (or FL-50 presumably).  There is some switch logic behind the
power button that defeats me.  Merely pressing the button with the
flash off the camera switches it on, but when it is on the camera it
takes many, many presses of the selfsame button to elicit a
reaction.  I have used long strokes and short strokes, but to no
avail.  I have had the camera switched off and on, but the effect is
the same: nothing until the unit "wants" to come to life.

Any ideas from anyone?

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker