[OM] Re: FS - Auto Extension tubes & lens hood

Subject: [OM] Re: FS - Auto Extension tubes & lens hood
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:22:06 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2005 10:22:18 AM Central Standard Time,
jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm  pretty sure there is a rubber clamp on hood marked specifically for use
with the 50/1.2. I would have to look when I'm home to see how different
they are.

The 55/1.2 had a very spiffy looking metal (black and  chrome) clamp on hood.
I believe it was also specifically labeled for the  55/1.2

I don't believe the (also spiffy looking) 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 50/1.8  metal clamp
on hood is the same size as either of the two  above.

Jeff, the hood I'm offering for sale is not labled as being the proper hood
for either the 50mm f1.2 or the 35-70mm f3.5-4.5, however in the cross
reference  for Olympus hoods, it says that all 5 lenses use the same  hood.
Both
the rubber hood you mention and the metal one are  shown to be interchangeable.
Guess one of the benefits of dealing with list  members is they often times
can share these bits of OM information which may not  be easily available from
normal sources. Bill Barber