[OM] Re: big vivitar flashes gone?

Subject: [OM] Re: big vivitar flashes gone?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:19:24 -0500
I'm sure it depends on the age of the 285HV unit.  Some are certainly 12
volts.  Newer stuff may be 5 volts as you say.  I know the specifics
here since I have friends who use their 12 volt 285HV's (I measured
them) on Canon DSLR's despite Canon's contention that the max voltage on
the hot shoe should be 6 volts.  I can testify that three 12 volt
285HV's have yet to ruin a D30,  D60, two 10D's or a 20D.

Chuck Norcutt