[OM] Odyssey VOTES totaled

Subject: [OM] Odyssey VOTES totaled
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:16:39 -0800
I've added up the 48 votes cast on how to continue the Odyssey

Second Camera
OM-1: 35    OM-2: 6    OM-3: 1    OM-4: 5

Avg time to forward the camera: 9.1 days
Avg time to send in 4 photos: 12.6 days (good thing the longest choice I
offered was 14 days?)

32 willi both phone and email the next recipient if necessary
15 will email
1 will phone
-- This is a very encouraging indication to me that the cameras will keep
moving.

47 will email the coordinator and the Oly List both when they receive the
camera and when they send it on.  1 indicated only when he sends it

When asked if it was a good idea to have a 2nd camera on a reverse loop
18 Yes
21 Ok, no strong opinion
9 No
-- I was worried about too many people not wanting a 2nd camera. Fortunately
no one indicated they saw this as a big issue and some of those who voted No
indicated they would participate in both loops.

25 votes were from the US.
5 votes were from Australia/NZ
-- Almost surely the reverse loop camera will get to Europe first. Andrew
said the original sign up list also indicated the reverse loop would
probably get through Europe before the first camera got there.

Only two people indicated concern about having their name and address not
protected by a password. It probably makes sense to continue what Andrew
has. A route list of cities, and a protected list of participants.

The remaining decisions will be made by the participants as the Odyssey
progresses.
Andrew and I have exchanged several emails about how to handle the web site.
I'm currently working on a coherent response to his last email. With the
cameras starting to take pictures hopefully before the end of January, there
should be plenty of time to work out the web site details.

A key thing will to allow flexibility in the routing and to update the
participant list as the cameras move. This will be part of the changes to
the web site.

The next and probably last big decision will be John's; whether the black
OM-1 bodies or the chrome OM-1N bodies are sent around the word. I will get
them sent tomorrow which should get them across the US to him by the time he
will be ready to work on them.

Thank you everyone,
-jeff